hooking up a wireless Brother Printer PT-P750W can ping from dashboard but cannot see elsewhere

countmontecisco
New here

hooking up a wireless Brother Printer PT-P750W can ping from dashboard but cannot see elsewhere

I have a brother label printer PT-P750W I connected to our Meraki system and I can see the client and its connection as well as ping it from Meraki dashboard, but I can not see it on the network, or ping it. I tried several thing. created separate ssid and put in bridge mode also check to make sure that layer 3 rule (wireless accessing lan) was allowed. Not really sure what else could be stopping from seeing printer. I also tried turning off antivirus on computer. I also tried whitelisting it. IDK what else to try. Relatively new to this system. 

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had problems with Brother in the past.  Not that specific model.  First, check to see if the printer has a firmware update available.

The last one I had an issue with would only work correctly when it connected via 2.4Ghz.  And then it would only work for a while, then stop, and need a power cycle to get working again.  From memory, it only worked with 802.11w when disabled as well.

Only worked with 802.11W?

It only worked when 802.11w was disabled.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not the same but on a similar note we have a brother label printer thats connected via ethernet and the dashboard is always reporting CRC errors with it. Have tried different ports, cables, firmware and manually setting port speed and still no joy. 

You get what you pay for with Brother products IMHO

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels