get help from meraki support

hasnorMD
Here to help

get help from meraki support

Hey folks,

I'm having an issue with my meraki wifi and wanted to resolve it hopefully within a day. I looked up on forum and found that it has to be coordinated to support to change it. Since its kinda urgent, I decided to call their contact number but the system put me on hold and have me waited for like several minutes until I decided to just hang up. Is it really normal to wait that long to be able to get accommodated?

I ended up shooting them an email but I think I'll get a response tomorrow.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Claes_Karlsson
Getting noticed

From my experience I've received assistans really fast when i've contacted the meraki support both from email/creating cases from dashboard/telephone.

/CK

Same here. I've never waited for more than ~5-10 minutes.

hasnorMD
Here to help

Good for you guys. It must be the time diff. I'm in UTC +8 time zone but correct me if I'm wrong, I believe their support is 24/7, right?

This is why I don't prefer email because I usually get a response the next day. As of this writing, the only email I received is the auto response saying the tech support will response to me shortly.

I think I'm a little disappointed in myself with my decision in migrating from WLC-based to MR. But its already done. My company has deployed more than a hundred of AP already. huhuh

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, the Meraki advantage here is clearly that when you've got somebody on the phone, he / she will be able to assist you way better than the Tier 1 guy on the "legacy" Cisco hotline.

And please don't get me wrong: if it's that urgent, it shouldn't be an issue to wait a few minutes on the phone... 😉

No, the support is 24/7 🙂 

Don't regret, there must have been some reason you choose MR from WLC-based solution. You should not forget all the other features you get with MR in terms of schedule based upgrades, built in troubleshooting and monitoring tools from dashboard and many other lovely stuff 🙂

hasnorMD
Here to help

I admit. I like the user interface of MR Dashboard in terms of management compare to WLC. And yes, @Claes_Karlsson is right, lots of features make the MR cool. Thats included the assistance we can get mentioned by @CptnCrnch. I probably have to be more patient then as 5-10 minutes of waiting wont kill me.

Anyway, my case is now closed as the support already took an action of it.

thanks for your response. Appreciated.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Personally, I’ve had to wait maybe 5-10 minutes to be connected, which I guess may feel like an eternity when you require help.  But, once connected you’re through to an engineer who will start helping technically straight away which is a bonus as I hate going through 1st/2nd line.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@hasnorMDhave you asked here, the forum members will often give you a correct answer within an hour or so?

hasnorMD
Here to help

@DarrenOC I probably have to learn how to be more patient when dealing with these kind of stuffs. 

@cmr this is actually related to changing some settings which only meraki support can do it. Anyway, I'll ask here should there be any issues (hopefully I won't) I'll encounter in the future.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels