for accessing AP's in meraki cloud, do i need to assign static ip's to all AP's from Dashboard also

Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

for accessing AP's in meraki cloud, do i need to assign static ip's to all AP's from Dashboard also

Hi All,

I have assigned static ip's to all my meraki MR-46 AP's via local status page, i have added these AP's in network from dashboard.

Do i need to configure static ip's to each AP's from Dashboard as well, by entering to access point and from Ipv4 Lan IP.

Regards

Mohit Dhanjal

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you configured It via the local status page It's not necessary to configure it via the dashboard.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Hi

I have configured the same, through dashboard also.

It will be fine, or I will revert the same to DHCP.

Regards

Mohit Dhanjal

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mohit_Dhanjal The access point will use the IP information in the dashboard over the local settings. The local settings page is purely for the initial configuration of the device to give it a way of connecting to the dashboard.

I would say 95% of the time most people would use DHCP to begin with and then configure via the dashboard. The local page is more for if you have complex network settings or don't use DHCP.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

DHCP all the way here, we don't use static IP unless we really have to these days.  With Meraki reserved DHCP is easy.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels