dropped packet alerts

hatched-scoad
Comes here often

dropped packet alerts

Hello all,

Our network has been experiencing extreme packet drops on the wireless LAN. Blocks of pings to Google, gateway, and AP webserver (10.128.128.126) are lost. The issue has stopped after updating to the MR 26.5 beta.

My question is, can we set up monitoring on our Meraki network to alert us to extream packet drops? As of now, I am relying on unhappy employees complaining about there internet not working.

Thank you for any guidance!

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not an exact fit, but pretty close.  Meraki Insight on an MX should be able to alert on these issues.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MI/Meraki_Insight_-_Web_App_Health#Configuring_Alerts_for_Web_App_H... 

Thank you for the info. Currently, we do not have an Insight license. I was hoping for another solution.

Was there anything reported in Meraki Wireless Health?

Not much was reported in wireless health, just the occasional auth error. Everything else was green on the dashboard during the packet losses.

Hi @hatched-scoad,

Just to add onto what @BrechtSchamp brought up with Wireless Health -- what were the latency values being reported by the AP?

There aren't any alerts that can be configured strictly for packet loss, so reviewing what happened in the past using the Wireless Health and Event Log pages will likely be the best way to solve the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels