clients experiencing 802.11 association rejected for load balancing become unresponsive

chiggin1
Comes here often

clients experiencing 802.11 association rejected for load balancing become unresponsive

we have 70 Firmware MR 25.11 MR 53 waps  Both Windows and Apple clients that experience this event become unusable until they completely power down then restart.  What should we do?  Please help

8 Replies 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is usually related to client firmware - however you can disable client load balancing on the MR53's.

You need to go into Wireless/Radios Settings and edit the profile to disable "Client Balancing".

Screenshot from 2018-09-29 06-30-02.png

Note you can only do this if you are actually using a profile. If you are using the default profiles you'll need to create a new one first.  You can read over this document if you fall into this case:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/RF_Profiles

Thank you.  Have applied this to a couple of AP's.  Note that we have the problem with several different clients at least two of them have the latest version of firmware available

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note that 25.12 is the current stable firmware - not 25.11.

AndersonGarcia
New here

I had the same issue today. I did what was suggested here and it fixed the issue. I just wanted to point out that I didn't find the user load balancing option on the newer dashboard, I had to use the old version to get it.

Does anyone know where this option is on the newer dashboard?

Assuming you don't have any custom RF profiles.

Then follow the below

3333.jpg

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I'm experiencing this issue currently with my clients.

Their APs are currently running firmware 25.11.

Did anyone get their problem solved after going to 25.12 or do we have to switch off client balancing to see a change?

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@FelixWong We have tried both 25.12 and 25.13 and have had to disable load balancing. Looking at the 26.1 and 26.2 release notes for the 26 beta firmware, it sounds like Meraki is trying to address some of these issues with that release.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

If the client rejects a load balancing disconnect and falls to roam then the client has the issue. 

No Meraki firmware upgrade will fix the client. 

You can try and get fixed client drivers.   Otherwise your only option is to disable client load balancing on the Meraki side.   If the APs are getting overloaded as a result you may need to deploy more APs. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels