camera monitoring on meraki AP

ampm
Just browsing

camera monitoring on meraki AP

Hello, we have the MR32 access points and want to set up a camera to monitor an area after hours.  The camera needs a static IP and when I look at the configuration for these access points it states that if a device needs a static IP that it must first connect to the wifi normally and then log in to the my.meraki.com site to configure a static IP from there.   How exactly do I do that with a camera? Is there no other way to assign a static IP to a device?  

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ampm I am a little bit confused your thread title doesn;t really match what you are asking.

What brand of camera do you have, is it a Meraki camera?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You don't need to log into my.meraki.com.  That is for something else.

I would leave the camera on DHCP, and create a DHCP reservation with the static IP that you want it to have.

You could also just configure a static IP on the camera directly.

we are having a company add a camera to monitor an area after hours, which they will need to access outside of our network.  They need it to have a static IP.  We have setup a new SSID with L3 Roaming for IP assignment, I am hoping this will work.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Use simple bridge mode rather than layer 3 roaming mode.

Thanks, I realized that after I posted the last comment.  I just can't find anywhere in the Meraki configuration to assign IP's to devices.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels