Z3 - Extending wireless coverage

SOLVED
DJSky
Here to help

Z3 - Extending wireless coverage

I’m having issues extending wireless coverage of a Z3.

i have wired in an MR33 and manually entered the same SSID name and settings as the Z3... however, my wireless printer (which can see both access points) does not seem to like this.

I understand from the obvious warning in my dashboard that states that the MR33 will not mesh correctly with the Z3, but is there a way to get this to work in tandem with each other?

i know I can simply make a “New” SSID with a different name, but I want just one SSID.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The WiFi in the Z3 is not intended to inter-operate with the WiFi in the MR33.  I would try and use only one or the other (and I would use the MR33).  If you get a second MR33 they they will work nicely together.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

it probably want to connect the ap now. lot of printer drivers have compatibility issues . sometimes the dont like channel bonding. or wpa2 or band steering.  

try tweak them

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The WiFi in the Z3 is not intended to inter-operate with the WiFi in the MR33.  I would try and use only one or the other (and I would use the MR33).  If you get a second MR33 they they will work nicely together.

Cheers, yeah that was my thinking too. Seems a shame, as the Z3 seemed to do the “one box” trick, but am pretty disappointed with it to be honest, especially as far as the WiFi goes.... Band steering doesn’t work well, and I can’t even disable either the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz radios, and most of my devices only connect by 2.4Ghz.

my main use of the Z3 is VPN site-to-Site and had I know the issues before I paid for a 5 year license, I would have opted for an MX64 instead!

I might bet that Meraki would be interested in a trade up. Maybe ask your rep?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels