Working anchor AP became unresponsive - mr33

Peter82
Just browsing

Working anchor AP became unresponsive - mr33

Anyone know what causes this on an MR33? Working anchor AP became unresponsive.

Just got two units im trialling out at home.

They are connected to a standard TPlink modem thats also acting as the dhcp server.

no vlan taging

Set up with layer 3 roaming as for some reason none of my clients get an IP in plain bridged mode.

Dual band with Active client steering enabled I

have reduced the signal power down to 8dbm to see if it was because clients were bouncing between aps down the hall. Getting a great signal strength between the base ap thats acting as the gateway and the second AP thats in mesh mode with the first.

clients will basically bounce on and off and eventually they just disconnect completely and wifi on device changes to failed obtaining ip

30 23:08:35ChromebookAssigned anchor AP to client vap: 0, anchor: 192.168.1.100, vlan: 0 more »

Jul 30 23:08:34ChromebookWorking anchor AP became unresponsive vap: 0, anchor: 192.168.1.100

Jul 30 23:04:19ChromebookAssigned anchor AP to client vap: 0, anchor: 192.168.1.100, vlan: 0 more »

Jul 30 23:04:18ChromebookWorking anchor AP became unresponsive vap: 0, anchor: 192.168.1.100

jul 30 22:53:01Pixel 2Assigned anchor AP to client vap: 0, anchor: 192.168.1.100, vlan: 0 more »

Jul 30 22:53:00Pixel 2Working anchor AP became unresponsive vap: 0, anchor: 192.168.1.100

Jul 30 22:52:59Pixel 2WPA authentication Jul 30 22:52:59Pixel 2802.11 association channel: 36, rssi: 42

Jul 30 22:52:57Pixel 2802.11 disassociation client was deauthenticated

Anyone know what can be causing this? If i set up the base meraki as a gateway and use a generic ap in bridge mode i got from aliexpress then no dropouts experienced. Problem seems to only arise when i introduce the second maraki ap Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You really should be using bridged mode.  I would try and figure out why that is not working.

You should not need to reduce the signal power.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the repeater AP only plugged into power, or does it have an Ethernet LAN hanging off it as well?

Repeater only plugged into power. 

Swapped to bridge mode last night. 

If the meshed ap is off then clients connect fine to gateway ap and dhcp works of the TP-Link modem. 

As soon as I turn on the meraki meshed repeater IPs eventually drop on the clients and do not reconnect. 

However if I use my mobile to connect to meraki cloud on 4g I can see both the gateway ap and the meshed repeater still connected. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels