Wireless management access

SOLVED
ZDonaldson
Getting noticed

Wireless management access

Hi All,

this is more of a dashboard question, but it's regarding wireless.

does anyone know of a way to provide access only to the wireless configuration for a particular user?  for a particular network, we have MX appliances, switches, and APs.  I want to provide admin access to the AP tab to some helpdesk staff but not give them access to everything else.

thanks in advance

Zane D - IT Manager in Sin City NV
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

If you have separate networks then you can just give them access to the MR network, but not the MX network, for example. If you have a combined network you there's no way to do this that I know of.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

If you have separate networks then you can just give them access to the MR network, but not the MX network, for example. If you have a combined network you there's no way to do this that I know of.

MMoss
Building a reputation

Have you looked into the API? I'm not to well versed on it myself but you may be able to pear out those AP's for the Help Desk or at least get them a view only set of roles if that'll be enough for what they are needing. Personally I wouldn't give any admin access to a help desk monkey, but that's just me. View only though I can manage. I did a quick google on a hunch and it looks like you can do some access magic in the Dashboard for read only and which network. It has Wireless in one example as the target but You'll have to try and see if that the network name or the wireless of the network itself.

Good Luck

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @ZDonaldson,

I'm with @jdsilva on this one. I think in your case you would be better off having the WiFi network separate from the rest (you can do a Split network by selecting your combined in the Organization > Overview page)  and you can then assign Administrative rights for the relevant accounts to just that network. 

Let us know if this works for you. 🙂

Giacomo

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels