14 REPLIES 14
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Mmm, bug fixes.  Tastes good.

merakichelsea
Conversationalist

This is still under known issues:

Issue under investigation where DHCP intermittently fails for bridge mode SSIDs (MR32)

But has there been any improvements on this before i try to upgrade again?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have only upgraded a network of MR34s so far so not sure about MR32 issues with it, sorry.

Curious about this myself. This issue is preventing us from using 26.x. It was much more than intermittent for us! It is frustrating when you see the same known issue in so many consecutive firmware releases.

Issue under investigation where DHCP intermittently fails for bridge mode SSIDs (MR32)

A deal breaker for us, I'm out

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Sorry - is this available? My APs aren’t finding it

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is a beta firmware, along with all 26.x ones.  We installed it over a week ago at one site and have had no issues.  Do you not see it when you go to Organisation / Firmware Upgrades as per below:

Screenshot_20190929-100410_Chrome.jpg

If you do, then you can apply it by selecting All Networks and ticking the ones you want upgraded as below then clicking on Schedule upgrades:

Screenshot_20190929-100710_Chrome.jpg

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Ah got it. I read up on the process. How long does beta usually take to mature around here??
Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It depends on how many people install it, the way Meraki releases work is that beta should be production ready, just new and not installed in very many places.

There are sometimes some features missing or not fully working but the release notes will detail those

We use beta MX 15.x firmware to run our SD-WAN for 9 sites and 1500+ employees and haven't had any significant issues with it.  We also run 26.5 at our HQ where there are about 75 users, but haven't installed it in the venues as we did have the clients dropping off problem when we used earlier MR 26.x firmwares. We are going to install it at one venue this week and carefully monitor. 

In summary at can take a few weeks, to over a year, depending on uptake and bugs found in the field.

FiberOps
Here to help

Have a question about one of the bug fixes which is reason we are slowly implementing MR26.5 into our network. Specifically "Gateway IP was being spoofed by certain types of clients resulting in incorrect gateway IP information being propagated to other clients (All MRs)." 

1. Does anyone the the mechanism which prevents the spoofing? We tracked it down to Bonjour Proxy arp on some Apple devices which does the spoofing in our network. 
    • Does this disable bonjour proxy? 
    • Does this affect mDNS? 
  2. We currently have a few APs running on the new firmware and are testing to see any negative behavior before we roll it out entirely. 
    • For the known bug, "Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3," is this sporadic packet loss during actual roaming of clients or in general if layer 3 roaming is enabled clients will see packet loss? 

As of right now our testing isn't showing any type of packet loss but are worried if we deploy network wide we will be implementing more problems than before. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just FYI, 26.6 is out now.  We have rolled it out to three sites and it seems okay so far.

The release notes are below and the issue you highlighted hasn't yet been addressed but others have:

Sounds like a dumb question but 26.6 works off of 26.5 right? The only bug fix that I see that was resolved with 26.6, reported in 26.5, was DHCP intermittently fails for bridge mode SSIDs (MR32). 

Just trying to figure out if i should stick with 26.5 or just start with 26.6. 

My concern is that the release notes do not specifically mention that the dhcp issue was fixed. It has just disappeard from the known issues section.

pjc
A model citizen

Yep, pretty shoddy release doucmentation.  If it's fixed or still a know issue it should be documented accordingly.

As an organisation using bridged SSiD's and with a large number of MR32's, we will be going nowhere near a newer version of firmware until it's definately confirmed this DHCP issue is fixed

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels