Wireless QoS question

pjc
A model citizen

Wireless QoS question

Hi All

Got a question around QoS on MR

From document https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Wireless_QoS_and_Fast_Lane " Meraki Access Points honor all upstream QoS sent by the client "

Does this mean, if I have a (L2 Bridged) SSiD that has no client bandwidth restrictions (unlimted for all protocols etc), then Meraki will shape the traffic on the AP, giving priority to Video if the client is sending DSCP QoS tagged packets, and the AP is congested ?

OR

Do I need to create traffic shaping rules, with a definition of all VoIP & Video Conferencing, obey or maintain unlimited bandwidth, but set DSCP tagging (for example 46 EF expedited forwarding..), like this ?

Capture.PNGThanks in advance for any guidance

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

it means it does not strip the DSCP marking and set it to 0.

i don't think qos works from client-to-AP because the ap does not know what DSCP tag is send from the client-to-ap before it received the packet.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Fastlane is only available for Apple clients.  It is not available for bridged links.

I don't think there is any QoS options for bridged linkes.  You can shape other traffic down to try and reserve capacity for VoIP if you like.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels