Wireless Issue

FXE
Comes here often

Wireless Issue

Hi,

I am new in Meraki technology.

I changed my gateway to a Firepower and we noticed that we are encountering intermittent issue in the wireless environment.

I checked the Meraki dashboard and I saw multiple PSK authentication fails something like this,

"type='WPA-PSK auth fail' associated='true' radio='1' vap='1'"

May question now, what is process for user to connect to the wireless network? Does the user only needs to communicate to the AP or does it needs to communicate also Meraki Cloud?

Thank you so much for the enlightenment.

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are using PSK, which the error indicates, then no cloud communication is required to authenticate the user.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@FXE The AP is the only thing that needs to communicate with Meraki cloud.

Enthusiast
Nash
Kind of a big deal

That looks like a fat-finger to me. Have you looked at Wireless Health vs the event log? It'll identify culprit clients for you easily, as well as help diagnose where in the process wireless is hitting problems on a per-AP basis.

FXE
Comes here often

Hi @Nash, yes I checked the the Wireless Health and the Event Log and I saw those logs about PSK errors.

I am stuck already where to check next since we guaranteed that the PSK that we are providing is correct.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

If you're providing the correct PSK and other people can't enter it correctly... that's kinda a them/their device problem honestly?

Have you had them forget the network, and then try re-entering the PSK? 

EClap5
Getting noticed

I see a ton of these errors in Wireless Health for our company phones which have the PSK pushed down by an MDM so I'm in the same boat - I know the PSK in not incorrect.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels