Wireless Health - Packet Latency

Rudi
Getting noticed

Wireless Health - Packet Latency

Could anyone let me know how the Packet Latency is determined in the Wireless Health?

I have one AP in particular that claims it has this crazy latency all the time. I haven't been out to the site to check on it, but I haven't received any complaints from the users (they are usually good about letting us know about issues).

2018-06-26 09_19_03-Wireless Health - Meraki Dashboard.png

I've run some of the ping tests both from the AP to a connected client, from the AP to the internet (using the default icmp.canireachthe.net, and 8.8.8.8). Neither come close to reaching the latency shown below (~200ms & ~30ms respectively). 

I've also checked latency from servers to the clients on the AP, and have no latency issues there (sub 5ms from local servers to the clients). None of my devices show latency this high, and none of the other APs either.

Any ideas?

2018-06-26 09_25_38-Wireless Health - Meraki Dashboard.png

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks - I did look at the documentation, but it really doesn't offer any help. 802.11 frames is vague to say the least. Does it check the latency of every single frame? Are there specific latency frames it is using to test with? I've been running a ping against a machine connected there for the last hour, and the highest latency I've seen is 17ms. Yet the AP still shows an average over 700ms. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels