Wireless Firmware

pbrischetto
Just browsing

Wireless Firmware

I have a network that consists of a mixture of MR74, MR42 and MR30H.

Looking through the release notes of the firmware, it looks like support for the MR74 and MR30H didn't begin until firmware version 25.1 so I would assume these APs are running this firmware. The MR42 have been supported for much longer so am I right to assume they would be running the older "Current Stable" firmware of 24.8?

If this is the case, what is everyone's thoughts on running APs with 2 different firmware versions on the network? Do you think I should be upgrading the MR42 to 25.1 so that all APs on the network are the same firmware version?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

@pbrischetto wrote:

I have a network that consists of a mixture of MR74, MR42 and MR30H.

Looking through the release notes of the firmware, it looks like support for the MR74 and MR30H didn't begin until firmware version 25.1 so I would assume these APs are running this firmware. The MR42 have been supported for much longer so am I right to assume they would be running the older "Current Stable" firmware of 24.8?

If this is the case, what is everyone's thoughts on running APs with 2 different firmware versions on the network? Do you think I should be upgrading the MR42 to 25.1 so that all APs on the network are the same firmware version?

Thanks,

MR30H was available much before 25.1. I'd run the latest beta across your network. It's worked well for us.

BHC Resorts IT Department

I'd say just all run the latest releases. If you experience any issues/run into any caveats you can always roll back at a few clicks of a button?

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Ben
A model citizen

If I was you I would run the latest firmware across the network. You can even try beta firmware because with the latest feature addition you can easily rollback if you are experiencing issues.

Cheers,

Ben

I have a collection of MS220-48 FP and MS220-48 switches in my environment.  I also have MR52's in my environment as well.  I was wondering if there is a documented process that I can use to rollback my firmware upgrade in the event that I upgrade to the newest suggested stable firmware, but then begin experiencing any negative issues with my upgrade.  Please provide a link if that is possible in regards to performing a rollback.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels