Wireless Connection and video streaming

RNG9394
New here

Wireless Connection and video streaming

Hi,

I just setup MR33 wirelessAP with 5Ghz SSID, using default RF profile, no bandwidth/firewall restriction.

The wireless connection is working fine for mobile phones including Samsung and iPhone.

However, when the user is trying to play video streaming via some video apps (e.g. sling TV, Viki video, DramaFever etc.) the video streaming is now working (no video playback).  YouTube, on the other hand, is working.

As soon as I disconnect the MR33 and put back the old wireless AP (support 802.11n at 5Ghz), the video steaming is working again.  I double check the bandwidth and firewall policy and there is noting in the Meraki policy that would affect that.  I also play with the RF profile (e.g. changing band width from auto 80Mhz to 40 or 20Mhz etc..  No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the SSID in bridge mode?

No, it is in route(firewall??) mode. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The SSID can run in either NAT mode or bridged mode. Try changing it to bridged mode.

Capbridge
Conversationalist

You may try whitelisting the category "video and music" and other categories that match the requirements in the wireless firewall rules for each individual SSID and see if that helps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels