Wireless Client association data activity timeout (client data idle timeout) of at least 20 minutes

PickNick
Comes here often

Wireless Client association data activity timeout (client data idle timeout) of at least 20 minutes

I have a client who has a vendor using wireless devices requiring this specific need. The devices are B/G only and are running WPA2-PSK. Trying to find a place in the Meraki Dashboard to change this. Also trying to narrow down an issue that seems to have appeared since the introduction of the RF profiles. 

The 2.4 devices appear to connect to an AP farther away while the AP that is closer has zero devices connected. The APs in question are MR16 which have been in service since 2013 with no issues until last fall with the update going with RF profiles. 

Maybe just coincidence. 

zero clients on 2-7.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

What do those two columns represent?

I don't see an option in my view to show 2.4GHz only, and 5GHz only columns.

I would suggest rebooting the AP. the 2.4GHz radio might be 'stuck' and not accepting clients. Seen this plenty of times (although usually on the 5GHz radio).
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

That is what we have been doing. We asked Meraki if they could put a reboot schedule in or a reboot all. But that is not a fix in my opinion. Something has had to have changed in an update is all I can figure right now. 

I would suggest running the latest 24.X firmware for MR16's personally. You have to contact support to do this. I never had any luck with them on 25.X
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels