Wired AP connection stability

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Wired AP connection stability

... on the wired side not the wireless side, if I suspect there is a problem with the wired aspect of my gateway is there a tool Meraki provides to find out if it has disconnected? There is the green bar in the main dashboard, but anything more granular? Or if its solid green would you draw any serious conclusions from that? 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
2 Replies 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @RumorConsumer , are you talking about connectivity from the switch to the AP?  You could run the cable test tool from the switch.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could try searching the event log.  Not sure what to search on, but you might find something interesting.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels