Wifi problem - very slow speed

SOLVED
nikmagashi
Getting noticed

Wifi problem - very slow speed

Hi,

I have three APs (one MR56 and two MR55) which are not working as expected. The network speed for the computers is very very slow (it is running on kbps), but it is working fine for mobile phones. I don´t have anything configured for traffic shaping. I have tried changing the radio settings (we are using basic indoor profile), f.ex. enabling the band steering on dual band operation, but no improve, then I disabled the 802.11ax but still no improve. I have tried things I thought might help but nothing helped. Can someone please advice what can I do to fix this issue?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@nikmagashi If you have Intel WiFi5 chipsets amd Windows 10, test with the power adapter connected, if that fixes it then disable the wireless adapter power saving, set to maximum performance or replace with a non Intel WiFi5 or Intel WiFi6 adapter.

I have an MR55 and MR56 and had the same issue on the MR55, not sure about the MR56 as I replaced the adapters.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

can you run a speedtest to the mr itself?  "ap.meraki.com" and post the results of the "connection page" here?

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

nikmagashi
Getting noticed

I will check this!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried updating the WiFi drivers on the affected computers?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@nikmagashi If you have Intel WiFi5 chipsets amd Windows 10, test with the power adapter connected, if that fixes it then disable the wireless adapter power saving, set to maximum performance or replace with a non Intel WiFi5 or Intel WiFi6 adapter.

I have an MR55 and MR56 and had the same issue on the MR55, not sure about the MR56 as I replaced the adapters.

Sjkeith77
Here to help

With the MR56 we had very slow upload speeds which affected the clients poorly.  Meraki identified an issue and fixed it with a custom firmware that is supposed to be released in beta 28.6.  Do some speed tests on the internet with a connected client and see what your upload and download speeds are.  IF you have slow uploads like I was getting 2.5Kbps then contact support and try the firmware.  Reference case #05512885 for them to identify the firmware that was built.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels