Wifi analyser

cisco_Meraki
Getting noticed

Wifi analyser

Good day!

I hope all is well on your side

Could somebody please assist with the below?

Is there any meraki WIFI analyser or any other tool i can use for site survey like meraki WIFI designs,plannings. Something similar to  EKAHAU?

Your assistance is hlighly appreciated.

3 Replies 3
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Meraki staffers frequently suggest using Ekahau. There are free versions and paid versions - what is not to like?

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Ironic but I've used Aerohives wifi planner and I like how it works. I think it should still be free. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Theoretical values for WiFi signal permeability are not much use when the wallboard turns out to be foil backed. Personally, I find it preferable not to spend time pouring over plans and making assumptions that may or may not be reasonable. Better to wait until site access can be obtained, or 2nd/3rd fix is in progress and then spend time planning based on real world data. Likewise, empty buildings have quite different WiFi characteristics to those that will prevail once the building is fitted out, furnished and occupied.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels