[Wifi Guest] User expiration

SOLVED
FeelGood
Conversationalist

[Wifi Guest] User expiration

Hi everybody,

I want to create an SSID Guest which permit my guests to create an account on the Meraki Splash Page. It's ok but now I need to set an expiration period time.

For example, when a guest creates an account, he have access on Internet for two hours. After that, he's disconnected. It's possible with Meraki to configure this policy ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can set the "Splash Frequency" on the splash page configuration. This will force the user to re-login through the splash page again after a given duration.

Will that work for you?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can set the "Splash Frequency" on the splash page configuration. This will force the user to re-login through the splash page again after a given duration.

Will that work for you?

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi

In addition to Splash Page frequency.

Hope you have verified Authorization Parameters available under Network-wide->Users (User management portal).

User Management.png

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Is there a way to do this automatically for all users?

From what I can see, you have to highlight a user before you can make any changes to their expiry date.

I can see accounts that were setup in September 2020 and still active.

Thanks for any information.

mo_unify
Getting noticed

I'd recommend using a Radius Authentication service like Purple WiFi  as it can handle Bandwidth/Time limits which can be unlocked with pre-made voucher codes. 

For example, with Purple you can allow 1 hour of Free use every day and have the ability to charge customers for WiFi access or provide a coupon to continue.

You can also limit the amount of data they use rather than set a time limit, eg: 1 GB per day.

Purple makes making a splash page easier and can even integrate with Social media.

Purple Wifi is free up to 5 APs.

If you're in Australia we can help you out with licensing.

FeelGood
Conversationalist

Thank you for your solutions guys, I don't know how I don't see this options.

Last question : it's possible to apply a policy for a new user authorization to connect on the guest for (example) 2 hours ?

By default, it seems it's on "Does not expire" (cf @AjitKumar screenshot).
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels