WiFi Personal Network (WPN) and Catalyst APs

sbcoms
Here to help

WiFi Personal Network (WPN) and Catalyst APs

Does anyone know if WPN will be supported on the Catalyst APs when "managed" via the Dashboard? Also does anyone have a simple feature supported list for Catalyst APs and switches when managed/monitored by Dashboard i.e. what you lose e.g. environmental munitioning, USB port on APs and say virtual stack wise, BGP, granular QoS, Netflow on Catalyst? I have asked several people at Cisco and it seems too early to be asking

Thanks 

4 Replies 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I understand it, we lose everything that is not "normally" available on the Dashboard.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So it would on 29.x?

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Still waiting for approval for our first CW9164 order ...

But I would expect to see the same features.

I can tell you that on the 9166 sensors do not work in the "Meraki Persona".

But the XOR 5/6 Ghz radio settings are there and operational.

(I currently have some 9164 and a couple of 9166 in test. They are REALLY nice  🙂 )

So far , everything I have tested on them works. I have not gotten around to test WPN, but since everything else works, I dont see why this should not.

For switches. Well, what you get is basically the MS390 features on a Cat9300.

I guess if you are an org. that really want the same Hardware everywhere then its a good "deal", if not, hmmm ... then I would wait until "Managed" comes to the 9200 series (unless we all of a sudden get more interesting features in the Dashboard --- I mean... just give me VRF LITE ??!?!?!?, and Ill be mostly happy 🙂 )

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels