Why can't you see all sites / devices when using Configuration Sync?

MikeDedmon
New here

Why can't you see all sites / devices when using Configuration Sync?

When I try to use the Configuration Sync feature, many of my locations don't show up in the source and/or the destination of the sync window. What is the limitation? I can find almost NO documentation on this feature. With an organization our size, I really need a tool like this to deploy large networks. 

4 REPLIES 4
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I believe config sync only works with MR and MX networks. And if you are using config templates, then only the templates will show up for config sync. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

I have MX devices throughout, but after your response, I checked and my source devices are ONLY MX60W - All other MX devices don't show up. Nor do any of my MR devices that are behind those other MX80, MX100, etc. It's SO limiting. Not sure why the feature is even there.

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I'm able to compare two networks that each have an MX64 in them. I'm also able to compare an MR template network with a standalone MR network. Might be worth opening a support case if you're seeing different behavior. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
bholmes12
Getting noticed

I think you can only use configuration sync if each network is a FW only site. 

So any networks that are "combined networks" I don't believe you can use config synch tool. 

I have ran into this issue in the past, and support was pushing my towards templates. But templates also have some unique challenges.  I got the impression that the config sync tool may be on the way out and they are focusing resources on templates. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels