Whitelisted client cannot bypass splash page suddenly

Kamome
Building a reputation

Whitelisted client cannot bypass splash page suddenly

I have configured three SSIDs - one for employee's computer, one for employee's mobile devices, and last one for salesperson's tablets. SSID for table was configured with Meraki RADIUS login page to prevent unauthorized connections. And for authorized tablets, I've added these as whitelisted client with tablet's MAC address so it can bypass access control and connect to network directly.

Everyting works fine untill today. One of customer called me that some of their whitelisted table cannot use network because they encounterd Meraki RADIUS login page - which is not suppposed to do that for whitelisted tablets.

So, I've created new group policy to bypass splach screen and added problematic tablets' MAC address into it. After that, everyting is working fine as it should.

But I'm still cannot understand why suddenly whitelisted client got splashpage, and why just few of these are affected. Is anybody experienced whitelisted not functioning?

1 Reply 1
pjc
A model citizen

We had an issue last week where a couple of access points that had been rebooted suddenly stopped recognising clients in a group policy that did not require a splash screen, and hence the clients were being shown the splash screen.  If the same users moved to a different AP, then they did not see the splash screen as expected

I ended up applying all the whitelisted clients mac addresses back into the dashboard into the policy, after doing so the affected AP's appplied the correct policy (no splash)

However, I then saw this fixed bug in the release notes of the latest beta 25.6, and wondered if our issue was related to that .....

• Group policy not applying to clients immediately after MR boot (802.11n/ac/ac Wave 2 MRs)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels