While Claiming MR-42 AP in my current Network getting error NBAR error

SOLVED
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

While Claiming MR-42 AP in my current Network getting error NBAR error

Hi Team,

I have Mr-46 AP connected in my current network, while Claiming different model(Mr-42) in same Network, I am getting error "Can not add MR42 device to a network running NBAR.

Solution that i have checked if i want to add this AP in Current network, i need to disable Network Analysis.

Can i create New Network for same Site, and Broadcast same SSID in this new Network, Will it works.

Kindly Suggest.

Regards

Mohit Dhanjal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That could work for ssids using bridge mode. But maybe auto rf settings wont be ideal and you need to make sure to not use rogue AP blocking/ or whitelist them

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you use nbar? You could also disable Network Analysis. Then add the AP. Then enable network analysis.  It will then use the "older" meraki categories

NBAR is enabled automatically. 

After disable Network Analysis, if i add the same, do i face any issue like Configuration issue and traffic analysis issue.

Regards

Mohit 

Hi @Mohit_Dhanjal : Just disable and try !

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Tried, Same is working.

But my Customer want to Create n new Network for incompatible access point in same Client Site.

If i create new network and claim these AP in new network with same SSID and configuration and with Same PSK, will it work or create an issue.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That could work for ssids using bridge mode. But maybe auto rf settings wont be ideal and you need to make sure to not use rogue AP blocking/ or whitelist them

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suspect the firmware on the MR46 is too old.  Create a new temporary network, add the MR46, make sure the firmware is updated to at least "stable", and then try moving it to the original network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels