Which model wireless router?

Erikjon
Conversationalist

Which model wireless router?

Spoiler
Good morning, do any of these Meraki wireless routers also support wireless mobile broadband connections, 4GLTE internet connections through my wireless provider, Sprint?

I do not have traditional, hard wired, cable broadband internet service.  Since I can be very mobile, I have found that the wired solutions are a waste of money.

I would appreciate an expert’s insight here.  The technical data sheets on all the Meraki wireless routers are way too complex for me to grasp.  All I know is that it has to support a wireless cell 4GLTE signal - which a friend told me that one of Meraki’s does, but I cannot seem to nail it down.

Thanks, 

Erik
Erik

I am hearing impaired, please also send me a private message. Thank you....
2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

The current new built-in cellular models only support Verizon or AT&T. You mentioned you have Sprint, so these won't work.

There are a variety of USB based cellular cards you can get, see the list here:

Scroll down until you see 'Supported USB Modems':
https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Cellular/3G_-_4G_Cellular_Failover

I however would suggest you get an LTE hotspot from Sprint, that has an Ethernet connection. Not sure if they have these models, but I know Verizon and AT&T both have them.

If you get one of their hotspots that has an Ethernet port, then you can avoid any hassle/bottle neck issues with the USB's. You would simply plug it into the WAN port on any model MX you choose that fits your needs. Like an MX64 or MX65 which would be less expensive.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels