What is the maximum concurrent users that Meraki MR55 can handle and or optimal?

JaysonPogi
Conversationalist

What is the maximum concurrent users that Meraki MR55 can handle and or optimal?

4 Replies 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Usually 30 per AP. It is advertised that it could do more but you don't want to get up to those numbers.

Enthusiast
KRobert
Head in the Cloud

Hi @JaysonPogi,
Per the Meraki Documentation:
Note: Each access point has a technical limitation of 128 clients maximum per radio. Please note that this is only a theoretical maximum; in practice, interference caused by multiple clients communicating simultaneously will cause this limit to be far lower.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Approximating_Maximum_Clients_per...

Hope this helps.
CMNO, CCNA R+S
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Network-dad
A model citizen

From experience, once you start pushing more than 30 clients you start having connectivity issues especialy if you are NATing the clients ..  My advice if you think you are going to have any more than 30 clients in an area use multiple ap and enable layer 3 roaming with a concentrator. Thats saying you have an MX available on the network... 

2019-10-22 10_10_11-Access Control Configuration - Meraki Dashboard.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels