What Meraki MR access points can be used for Public Park?

MendezJeCoOfEP
New here

What Meraki MR access points can be used for Public Park?

Looking to implement a solution that will cover about 800 Yards from central building housing Network equipment.  Open spaces with some shaded areas, and trees, next to lake. Are of concern is for special events providing connectivity for Point of sale devices. 

2 Replies 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't quite speak from experience here but I think there's less concern around which AP's to use (assuming they're outdoor suitable) and more about the antennae choice and placement.
You might also have to perform some testing and tuning with power settings to ensure coverage whilst also having a decent data rate.

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @MendezJeCoOfEP this sounds like a typical wireless mesh config most likely with MR76 APs.  I have some outdoor public park deployments and can give you a hand with that if you want to private message me, I'll have some questions on the details and it would be helpful to have a few photos and an overhead/satellite image or perhaps a quick cell phone video of the area to be covered and the central building it would backhaul to.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels