Want to share your Meraki Health experience?

AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Want to share your Meraki Health experience?

Hi MR Community! 

We are looking for people who would like to share the positive impact Meraki Health has made for their troubleshooting and assurance needs. 

If you are interested in telling your story, please message me directly. 

Stay safe and well everyone! 

11 REPLIES 11
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't do many at the moment, but I do a rep consisting of doing three of:

* Holding a Meraki AP up over my head while I mount it to the roof

And then repeat for as many APs as you have to install.  It usually leaves my biceps sore after a day.

Does that count?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth I'll up your AP biceps with holding a MS390 in place to align it with the rack holes using one arm while the other has to hold the screwdriver and hope the bolt doesn't fall off the magnetic tip...  Even better if it is a stack of multiple switches 😉

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I couldn't bear that much pain.

I used rack studs now.  They are a cage nut replacement.

https://www.rackstuds.com/ 

Basically you install them into the rack and little red studs sticks out (the red bit in the pictures).  You slide the switch over the studs, and the switch usually just sits there on the stud.  You then hand tighten the black fastener.  100% tool-less.  No screwdriver needed.

No need to use muscles anymore.  No more cut fingers.  No more blood.

I buy the big bags of 100 at a time now.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth Those do look much easier to use but in the picture the switch isn't horizontal, I'd say it is about 85° and that just doesn't sit well with my aim for perfection (er OCD)...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not sure how heavy the MS390 is, but the other switches it works great on.

The only special exception, the MX84.  This is the only Meraki product to ship ever with a single centre mount rack fitting on the ear, rather than the traditional two (top and bottom).

+1 for Rackstuds, there are incredibly time saving and easy to use. Just be aware of their weight limitation. 

Fantastic, I didn't know rackstuds existed. Today I learned!

@KevinT  us Kiwis are full of good ideas!

Thygesen
Building a reputation

I know this is maybe on the edge of the "Conduct Guidelines" but can't help it .. 

@KevinT Can't stop seeing the product name "Rackstuds" picturing us Network Tech's, when we have been working out in the gym ?

If inappropriate, please remove .. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hahaha funny, I can picture a network admin calling his burly colleague that fills in the role as rack stud to mount some switches in the rack 🙂

Thygesen
Building a reputation

Excactly 🙂 Hulk-size .. holding the chassis-switch with one hand .. and flexing the other arm in the meantime 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels