Walled garden Utilisation

SOLVED
Jimbo1
Here to help

Walled garden Utilisation

I have a Walled Garden set-up with more than one destination address configured. VPN clients use the facility so that users can associate with the AP with no authentication, but can only go to (internet exposed) VPN concentrators without the extra step of manual authentication. This is necessary because the same SSID has to give connection for several different VPN clients going to different concentrators.

It works reasonably well, but the NOC has in the past added addresses to the Walled Garden without taking redundant addresses out (when a VPN address changes, for instance)

Is there any way I can find out which of the addresses are actually being used, like a hit count or even something like a simple use indicator that just indicates use or no use over a period? That would simplify the tidying up on the configurations
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I Don't believe there is any "Hit count" counters for Walden Garden ranges. The only way i see possible to do this is to use syslog event logging for flows. Abstract that information and run queries on it to find out the ranges being used. Very time consuming and not the best solution!

Why not "Make a Wish" in the dashboard for counters for Walden garden ranges?

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I Don't believe there is any "Hit count" counters for Walden Garden ranges. The only way i see possible to do this is to use syslog event logging for flows. Abstract that information and run queries on it to find out the ranges being used. Very time consuming and not the best solution!

Why not "Make a Wish" in the dashboard for counters for Walden garden ranges?

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@MilesMeraki is correct, there is no hit counter for this type of thing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels