WPA-EAP Rekey on MR vs Z1/3

SOLVED
cmonk
Comes here often

WPA-EAP Rekey on MR vs Z1/3

Running into an issue where Z1/3 wireless clients (Win10) are getting disconnected momentarily every 60 minutes.  This was mostly not noticed by end-users, that is until jabber wouldn't reconnect after this.  It would require a full disconnect from the SSID and reconnect to get Jabber to be able communicate again.

We have a WPA-EAP SSID setup.  We've recently updated radius to supply session and idle timeout we've configured of 720 minutes.  

It appears the MRs are honoring this session timeout and not forcing a rekey during the day.

However, however the Zs do not appear to be honoring this session/idle timeout setting.  We have a ton of Zs that are doing this.  Enterprise wide we are running v15.44

Anyone run into this issue?  I do have a case open, but they are having to gather a ton of different captures to provide dev group.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Out of curiosity , what is the NIC and model of the Windows computer ?

cmonk
Comes here often

They are several different, but the one I have been working on with support is a Dell Precision 5550 running an Intel WiFi 6 AX201 card.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Boom ! I knew it !  There is a known bug on the intel AX200 and AX201 card !  Intel is releasing( or has released ) a new driver that fixes that issue ! We have the exact same issues. Upon re-auth the clients get disconnected 🙂 

cmonk
Comes here often

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll look into the driver issues.  Would still love the Z to be able to change session timeouts like the MRs.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm pretty sure that the timer is fixed. Same as the MX ! 

I will try to forward the documentation about the bug. Check if you have any other wireless NIC that are not AX200 or AX201 in the meantime 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels