WIFI MAC Whitelisting STILL breaks

Kamome
Building a reputation

WIFI MAC Whitelisting STILL breaks

I have an organization that using MAC whitelist to control company's Android tablets.

But, recently some client got splash screen even though it's already whitlisted.

When such client pops up, I have to switch it to normal one and add whitelist again to work properly.

So, I searched high and low, and found this thread.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/WIFI-MAC-Whitelisting-breaks/m-p/35463

It was same situation with me. Some replys suggests to use Group Policy, and sure I did.

But even clients with Group Policy still have same problem - users arbitrary get splash screen even it's in whitelist or group plicy with bypass splash.

And end of thread, it's because of Meraki's backend problem. But when I asked about it to Meraki TAC, they only says "It's not exact on which particular issue, case or bug identification number. What I can suggest is if to call us immediately when issue occurs so we can trace where is the issue is happening."

So, it's been 7 months after last reply. Does anybody knows about breaking MAC whitelisting and Group Policy situation's updates?

2 REPLIES 2
GergelyK
Getting noticed

Hi,

I think the better option in this case to open a Meraki TAC case, again. I think you will get better answers from the TAC then from the forum in case of a possible backend issue.

Probably they know already the solution, but needs to apply on a case to case basis.
Imperia
Comes here often

In the white list that you indicate, you mean the option "Add client", if that is it.
The truth is, consult the support and they told me that you cannot delete the clients you add.
You can change their policies so that you enable or block them.
"But they cannot be erased"

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels