WAPs disconnecting from Controller all at the same time!

SOLVED
TeamSECTRE
Comes here often

WAPs disconnecting from Controller all at the same time!

Hi Everyone

Quick question.  In my Wireless>Access Points>Lists page on Meraki, it shows that every WAP disconnects regularly from the controller i.e. "No connection" every day sometimes twice a day for 4 mins.  It is shown by a red line in the green connectivity status bar of each WAP.  I do not know why this is occurring and can only believe the system is either setup this way to restart the WAPs each day at a certain time or there is some fault.  

Any help would be very much welcomed. Meraki Connectivity Issues.JPG

Regards

TeamSECTRE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

There is no automated reboot available within the Meraki dashboard, so it's not that.

It could be several things

1. Your ISP/Internet is losing connection briefly, when this happens, you see those AP's losing their cloud connection, but are still technically 'up' and running.

2. If they are on the same switch, its possible that switch, or one further up, is losing Internet access, rebooting etc.

I would contact support and ask them what the UPTIME is for the access points. That will tell you more information. If they are not rebooting, then its most likely your WAN connection.

I would also suggest you upgrade your firmware to 26.8.1 

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

There is no automated reboot available within the Meraki dashboard, so it's not that.

It could be several things

1. Your ISP/Internet is losing connection briefly, when this happens, you see those AP's losing their cloud connection, but are still technically 'up' and running.

2. If they are on the same switch, its possible that switch, or one further up, is losing Internet access, rebooting etc.

I would contact support and ask them what the UPTIME is for the access points. That will tell you more information. If they are not rebooting, then its most likely your WAN connection.

I would also suggest you upgrade your firmware to 26.8.1 

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Thank you Nolan! Appreciate it.  Looks like it was just my internet dropping off.  Cheers for the clarity.

Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

If you open an AP and mouse over the red line, what is the description for the red line?

if you posted your topology that would give us a better picture.

It could be switch issue, it could be a bandwidth issue somewhere like if you are doing backups. There are numerous things that could be at play.

So you could investigate and look into prioritizing some traffic over others.

eq setting backup traffic lower priority and bandwidth.

Thank you oldroo.  I seemed to have worked it out.  Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Aaron

Thank you for the reply.  It reads no connection.  I have now worked out that the disconnections are due to our internet link while we are sea failing and the WAPs loosing connection with the internet rather than with the controller.

Thank you for the help.

Regards

TeamSECTRE

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels