Using 802.1x Authentication

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Using 802.1x Authentication

I'm looking at setting up 802.1x using a Windows 2012 server however it doesn't like any users credentials. I've followed the documentation and have this working with another network thats using 802.1x using a cloud based directory service.

If I point a different vendors controller at the same W2012 server it works as expected, is there anything special I need to do to get this to work?

2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

2012 ... You are aware which year we are heaving now? 😉

Back to topic, Have you done a capture of your RADIUS-communication to see if there is any hint? At lest you will see if the NPS sends back an answer like an Access-Reject. And you see if you are matching on any attributes that are not in the request.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Hey @BlakeRichardson, I remember setting up NPS once on a Windows Server (could well have been 2012 box) and there was a service that needed starting to get it to respond to 802.1x requests. I can't remember which one exactly it was, but it only seemed partially relevant, may have been something like an 802.1x client service or something.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels