Users cannot access Internet from Wi-Fi

SOLVED
MRWallace49
Conversationalist

Users cannot access Internet from Wi-Fi

Hello,

We have a Wireless network that consists of 24 MR84 and 44 MR42 APs.  I've configured all of the APs to received their IP from one VLAN, while the users receive their IP from the specific VLAN for their facility.  At this point, users some buildings cannot get to the internet even though they receive a proper IP. 

It has now become urgent that I resolve this issue as, some of the areas are about to revert to "Paid Access".  I have a full Bird Col and a Two Star General looking at this so I have to find a resolution.  So far all Meraki has been able to do for me is to send me links to documentation.  I have read everything I can find and watched every YouTube video I can find to resolve this, but so far, just when I think I've got it solved, it fails again. 

Configurations tried:

1.  DNS and DHCP controlled from a Microsoft 2012 r2 server

2.  DNS on the server and DHCP on the Meraki Security Appliance

3.  DNS and DHCP from Meraki.

All three work, but only for some facilities, where other facilities don't. 

I don't know if this pertains, but the Meraki Wi-Fi has replaced a legacy Cisco Wi-Fi solution with Wi-Fi controller.  The Controller is still in the network but the VLANS it rides are inactive.  I have to keep it in until I reset all the legacy equipment to factory default.  Once done, then we can retire the controller and all the old APs. 

If anyone has any Ideas, I sure could use the advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MRWallace49  Have you got someone you can sit down with and talk it through methodically? I find that usually brings about an "ah ha" moment.

What have you got set for the below settings?

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 9.40.20 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you call support to assist? Its better then logging a case.

Can you ping 8.8.8.8  from a client that cant connect internet

Can you traceroute to 8.8.8.8 from a client that cant connect internet. where does it stop?

Also make a traceroute from a client that does work for comparison

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @MRWallace49 , so you’re in a bit of a tight spot!

Are all the APs registered out to the cloud?

What is your topology? You mention an MX? Are all your VLAN interfaces configured on this device?  Is your WAN connection connected to this device if not what’s upstream?  Any firewall rules in place?

Happy to do a screen sharing session with you?  Not sure how your Big Chiefs would feel about that though.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@MRWallace49  Have you got someone you can sit down with and talk it through methodically? I find that usually brings about an "ah ha" moment.

What have you got set for the below settings?

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 9.40.20 AM.png

Bossnine
Building a reputation

Are the switchports configured to use Meraki Wifi since migrating?  Since you are coming from a Cisco WLAN controller setup.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels