User is getting 169.254.x.x IP address when she connects via AFI Guest

AshwiniY1628
Conversationalist

User is getting 169.254.x.x IP address when she connects via AFI Guest

Hello,

Recently I received one issue regarding AFI Guest connectivity

Whenever a user tries to connect via AFI guest she is receiving 169.254.x.x IP address instead of 192.168.x.x ip add

Checked logs it is suspected that there is DHCP failure issue 

Checked from my end in dashboard everything is proper also guided the user to reboot device/forget the network and try to reconnect it still issue persists.

What can be another way to solve it ??

PFA snaps for reference.

AshwiniY1628_2-1596068661890.png

AshwiniY1628_3-1596068838533.png

11 REPLIES 11
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

What is the DHCP server being used for that VLAN?  Maybe it is out of available addresses?  You could expand the scope and/or shorten the lease time.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

we have given /24 for DHCP scope.. i m sure that ips are available for use

DHCP server used is Infoblox 

Maybe fire up another SSID using Meraki DHCP to test.  Then you will know if the trouble is with the client or your DHCP server/routing between DHCP and client.

Actually the issue is only with one specific site... rest all sites are getting 192.168.x.x IP for AFI Guest login

In that case it seems pretty certain you are missing a route or have something blocking DHCP for that VLAN between server and client.  Maybe an IP helper setting in the switch for that VLAN?

Hello,

I have checked config and everything is proper also there is no DHCP blocking

PFA snap for reference 🙂 

AshwiniY1628_0-1596211167365.png

Without understanding your topology better I can just keep guessing. Have you tried a packet capture to see where DHCP is failing? Have you contacted support? Since it seems an easily reproducible problem it shouldn’t be too hard to track down through basic troubleshooting steps. 

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Exactly what @BrandonS said. I‘m seeing a lot of posts in the last few days where one would need a deeper insight into the environment in use. You‘d like us to help you out, right? So please provide us with the information needed. 🙂

@BrandonS  @CptnCrnch I totally agree 

We are using Hub and Spoke topology all spokes are connected to Hub

spoke - MX---MS---MR

We have raised TAC case with Meraki for this

Thanks a ton for your support and Prompt revert.. really Appreciated  🙂

Review the configuration of switch.. 

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/9
switchport mode trunk

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels