User Management Portal - Email Notification to Approvers

SOLVED
PJ51182
Getting noticed

User Management Portal - Email Notification to Approvers

Hi,

Is it possible for email notifications to be sent to approvers when a new guest wifi account is created by the guest user?  This relates to a Sign-on with Meraki authentication set on the SSID.

The example I can provide is:

Guest enters their details via sign up page.

New account is created and visible on the User management portal. Details sent to guest user.

New account isn't approved until an approver verifies.

It's at this point that it would be useful for an email alert advising that a new guest account needs verification in the User management portal to be sent.

Thanks

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PJ51182
Getting noticed

Thank you for your responses.

Found what I was after in the end with a little help from support:

Network-wide -> Alerts -> Wireless -> A new user registers via splash page.

From here you can simply add email addresses you would like to be notified when a new guest login is created via the splash screen.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like you want sponsored guest mode.  Note this is not visible in the dashboard by default.  You have to open a case with support to get it turned on.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Sponsored_Guest

Another gem that is hidden from us mere mortals

Thanks for letting us know Phil ^_^

Curse the hidden menu !
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

At least this feature is publically documented.  🙂

PJ51182
Getting noticed

Thank you for your responses.

Found what I was after in the end with a little help from support:

Network-wide -> Alerts -> Wireless -> A new user registers via splash page.

From here you can simply add email addresses you would like to be notified when a new guest login is created via the splash screen.

Also, before anyone goes reaching out to Meraki support because they're missing that feature in the alerts page. It's only displayed when you actually have SSID's with self-registration splash pages. 😉

for me is a problem that it can be configured only on the template configuration rather than on the network instance attached to it.

I would have local guest ambassador for each site and I don't want guest ambassadors from every site to be informed about guest users created from other sites.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels