Upgrade pushed to 27.3 on network with MR32s

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Upgrade pushed to 27.3 on network with MR32s

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but we've just received a notice that one of our networks currently running 26.8 that consists of MR32s and MR42s, is going to be upgraded to 27.3

This seems rather odd as MR32s don't support 27.x and Meraki have been recommending not to have mixed versions within a network.

Have I missed an announcement or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DarrenOC I just made the 26.8.1 (upgrades) happen now and cancelled the upgrade to 27.3 then moved that site to 26.8.1 as well.

None of it actually changes any firmware as there are no WiFi6 APs in Amy of those 4 networks so 26.8.1 is actually remaining at 26.8....

🤔

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @cmr I assume you’ve cancelled the upgrade pending further clarification?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Today I received another upgrade notice for three other networks running 26.8, these ones are going to be upgraded to 26.8.1 which makes more sense as they have a mix of pre and post 802.11ac wave 2 devices.

Anyone else receiving these upgrade schedules and having the same odd experience as we are?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DarrenOC I just made the 26.8.1 (upgrades) happen now and cancelled the upgrade to 27.3 then moved that site to 26.8.1 as well.

None of it actually changes any firmware as there are no WiFi6 APs in Amy of those 4 networks so 26.8.1 is actually remaining at 26.8....

🤔

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels