Unexpected software 26.0

SOLVED
redsector
Head in the Cloud

Unexpected software 26.0

A strange thing happened today.

I did an software upgrade from 25.11 to 25.12 on one of my WLAN-networks.

And now some of the accesspoints are showing the software version 26.0 altough 26.0 wasn´t offered. Two of four accesspoints are on 25.12 and two are on 26.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

6 REPLIES 6
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Check through your old emails or firmware update logs.  Sometimes Meraki will push beta firmware to a portion of your devices.  But I noticed something similar to this with my MV cameras.  My MV12's have a different firmware than other models. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

26 is a special release to enable some Umbrella features.  You are supposed to have to request it from support as I understand.  I would call support and ask them to fix it if you do not want it.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Here is the post about it: https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2018/08/meraki-mr-umbrella-a-match-made-in-the-cloud/

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

I had to request access to 26.0 through Meraki Support. That firmware release allows integration through API's to an Umbrella (formerly OpenDNS) account. This means you can create policies and groups within Umbrella and populate them into the MR boxes. 

The new "E" access points also use this firmware, even if the dashboard reports 25.x.

Correct, depending on which models of APs you have deployed, the newest models only run 26 firmware, and that may be reflected even though the network firmware version is 25.something.  Give Support a quick call to confirm, and as others mentioned definitely have them log a case if you do NOT fall into that situation with new APs and 26 did in fact get pushed unexpectedly (assuming you've also said "no" to trying beta firmware).  Post back to let us know what's up!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels