Unable to register new MR42 AP

Vinit
Conversationalist

Unable to register new MR42 AP

I am trying to add the new MR42 AP but unable to add based on below error ,
"Cannot add an IMDA(SG) regulatory domain to a WPC(IN) regulatory domain. Add to a new Network or contact Meraki Support"

Trying to register the above AP to the india network but it is showing as "SG" when tried to claim due to which i am unbale to register the AP with the said error.

So, how can i change the country/region for the said AP (MR42) from SG to IN

4 REPLIES 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Vinit , sounds like you've purchased the wrong AP for your Domain/Region.

Are you able to go back to your Meraki partner in-country and ask them to RMA and replace with the correct one?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
antonis_sp
Building a reputation

Create a new wireless network with default settings (temporary, can be deleted later) and change Network-wide > Configure > General > Country/Region to (IN)

Add AP to this network (and wait until it comes online)

When AP is online go to Network-wide > Configure > General > Country/Region again and there should be a mismatch error, allowing you to change the AP domain, after you acknowledge the change.

more info -> MR_Wireless_Regulatory_Domains 

After that is complete, you can move the AP to the network you want. (that works with APs from US, that I add to EU networks, should probably work for your case as well).

Vinit
Conversationalist

Hi Antonis,

trying to follow the above steps but the option to change the Country/Region is hidden and unable to modify the same and can only change the "Local time zone" which i modified from US to India time zone.

Kindly suggest.

Vinit
Conversationalist

Hi Antonis,

Issue is now resolved as i waited for the AP to come online post which i was able to modify the Country/Region and moved the AP to required network.

Thank you once again for the assistance.Appreciate that !!!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels