Unable to connect to MR33 since changing from iPhone 8 to iPhone SE3.

Shinm
Comes here often

After connecting, it happen "unknown reason" and "disassociated because client interface was disable" at event log.
- It not had any problems until now.
- AP is MR33.
- It appears to be trying to connect to various APs as a maybe handover(from event log).
- I've tried change SSID setting from band steering to dual band, but it didn't help.
- MR firmware version is 27.7.1. I know this one is old, but it's not easy to change firmware because customer site.
Do you know any Wi-Fi connection issues related to the iPhone SE3?
Are there any configuration changes that would be effective? Maybe version up firmware is best?

4 Replies 4
Stoerfaktor
Here to help

I have 2 MR33s running in my lab and one iPhone SE3 for almost 2 months now and there are zero issues with connectivity. I am running MR28.6.

What is the issue with the firmware upgrade? Can't it be done at night when it won't disturb anyone? I would heavily recommend to upgrade to MR28.6.1 and see if the issue resolves itself.

Hi Stoerfaktor,

Thanks for the very helpful performance information(almost 2month). With this track record, I can recommend the farm up to my clients. Clients basically don't want to do farm up voluntarily.

Thank you.

Shinm
Comes here often

Hi Stoerfaktor,
I recommended a firmware update to the customer, but was told that they are using MR33 on another NETWORK with firmware Ver 25.11 and is not experiencing any problems with the connection between MR33 and IPHONE SE3. By the way, both the NETWORK where the problem is occurring and the NETWORK where the problem is not occurring are fixed 2.4GHz Channel.
I will check the situation a little more.

Shinm
Comes here often

Hi Stoerfaktor,

In the end, nothing was done, but we were informed that the problem no longer occurred and the issue was closed. Thank you very much.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels