Unable to adjust transmit power on band 2.4Ghz of MR76 + ANT-27 to higher than 13dBm

Solved
Hoang2
Just browsing

Unable to adjust transmit power on band 2.4Ghz of MR76 + ANT-27 to higher than 13dBm

Hi buddies,

I have combo AP MR76 and antenna MA-ANT-27, I tried to increase target tx power, but the actual tx power unable to reach higher than 13dBm, on the band 5GHz is still normal and can reach to 20dBm. I already tried to adjust many option but still no luck.

Is there anyone have experience on this case? Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well transmit strength  is lower because off the antenna gain.  you have to stay within the limit of your region. For example unii3 can use 30dB but you gain from antenna is 10.

Then you can only set the ap itself to max 20dBm 

EIRP = transmit strength (dBm) + antenna gain (dBi) – cable loss (dB)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ant27 gain is about 9 dBi. So 13 sounds  ok

What channel on 5ghz?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/EU_Compliance_Information

Hoang2
Just browsing

Hi @ww ,

iamge1.jpgThe channel on 5ghz is 157. We installed this AP in a large warehouse, so we want to increase tx power for better signal coverage and prefer to use band 2.4Ghz for auto machines.

If I change the antenna type to others type such as MA-ANT-20, it can reach to 13dBm , but my target is 20 dBm like 5Ghz.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well transmit strength  is lower because off the antenna gain.  you have to stay within the limit of your region. For example unii3 can use 30dB but you gain from antenna is 10.

Then you can only set the ap itself to max 20dBm 

EIRP = transmit strength (dBm) + antenna gain (dBi) – cable loss (dB)

Hoang2
Just browsing

Hi @ww ,

So it mean if I change the antenna type to ma-ant-20 and can see tx power is 13dBm on dashboard, BUT acctually, it just reach 7dBm with antenna ma-ant-27 is actual using? And then tx power I really got is 7 + 9 = 16dBm ? 

Please correct me.

Thank you.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it report 13 at the dashboard. then you add 7 for antenna . = 20

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels