Tracking a Wireless client

SOLVED
NBISA
Comes here often

Tracking a Wireless client

Hi All.

We have MR Access points in our network.

Is there a way to get notified if a Wireless client leaves a specific AP or Area.?

We have a Smart phone that must always remain in a spevefic Area and i would like to get notified if the Smart phones moves outside of a specific Area.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Maurice_Zschirp
Conversationalist

3 REPLIES 3
Maurice_Zschirp
Conversationalist

Hi NBISA

I think this document could help you.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Tags_and_Policies/Geofencing_with_Managed_Devices

Regards

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you have an MR-only wireless network, the best way to add this functionality is by adding a Meraki Systems Manager (MDM) network, and you can kick off a free trial with support to test it out.  It's very easy in Systems Manager to create a geofence and then send alerts when a specific device leaves that geofence, as well as make changes or enforce restrictions depending on if the device in inside or outside the geofence, and also based on time of day for example, you can push/pull specific apps, enable/disable restrictions, etc.  You can configure alerts if a client violates a geofence, comes back inside the geofence, or goes offline for more than a configurable number of minutes (regardless of geofencing status).

NBISA
Comes here often

Thank you for the quick response, this has solved my problem
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels