Time Protocol

avraham_g
Just browsing

Time Protocol

Hello!

I am looking for a component through which I can wirelessly transmit a protocol of time, such as PTP.
I want to pass the protocol only between 2 units using a MAC address on a LAN.

Does anyone know of such a product?

3 REPLIES 3
mer_tech01
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi avraham_g,

There is a Wi-Fi feature called TimeSync. It can be used for peer-to-peer time sync as well. It seems like a new standard is not readily available at the moment.

-mer_tech01

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Ok, thanks for the response.

I have a unit, like an oscillator that issues an exact time in the package.
If I connect something like the wireless bridge, would he know how to transfer the packages to another unit?

mer_tech01
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi  avraham_g,

Depending on the feature that you using on the oscillator. You can use the traditional feature like NTP which will work normally or you PTP which uses multicast by default. You might want to take the packet capture just to see first if the device is able to receive any traffic from the server. 

--mer_tech01

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels