The connection to the wireless ping gateway has high delay, jitter is very strong, and instability

ericliu
Comes here often

The connection to the wireless ping gateway has high delay, jitter is very strong, and instability

dear all

I have a new office. The installed ap is all meraki mr52. I have a problem. The new office is not used yet. However, I found that the wireless is not stable. I use a laptop to ping the gateway and the internet. The delay will be high. Sometimes it will be 100-200ms, and it will jitter

8 REPLIES 8
ericliu
Comes here often

but my wired network is normal, the ping gateway is basically 1ms, the test laptop I use is connected to 5G, 802.11ac, the channel width is 80MHz, the gateway is my core switch, and Interference and channel utilization are very low. I have not yet found the cause of the problem. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

ericliu
Comes here often

wireless ping gateway test

QQ图片20180402221259.png

ericliu
Comes here often

wired network ping gateway test

QQ图片20180402221329.png

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Were you near the AP?  What was your connectivity strength (you can check this in the dashboard in the client details as well).  Have you tried a ping directly from the AP using the dashboard tool?  Lastly I'd look at wireless interference.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
ericliu
Comes here often

yes,I'm near ap,Very strong signal strength,About 30dBm

QQ图片20180402223351.png

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Next step try going to the AP in the dashboard and do the ping test directly from the AP.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

New premises - do a site survey. Ekahau's HeatMapper is free. With a bit of budget I'd chose one of their paid versions, for convenience.

It is a professional product. Used by all sorts of people, some of them will be reading this.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried using a different notebook?  Maybe it is the machine you are testing it (in particular, its drivers might have an issue)?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels