Tagging Wireless clients for monitoring.

trunolimit
Building a reputation

Tagging Wireless clients for monitoring.

I have 4 clients on my wireless that keep dropping off. I want to tag them so I get an alert when they drop off and compile data to help trouble shoot.

I see in the alerts section I can tag anything on the LAN but I don't think you can tag clients on the wireless LAN. 

Is there a way I can track clients on the wireless and get an alert when they drop from the network? 

2 Replies 2
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

From a little checking, It looks like you can alert on devices that connect to the wifi supplied by an MX or Z1 but not devices that connect to a MR. You should cross your fingers and "make a wish".

nwu1
Here to help

Trunolimit,

It' doesn't look like Dashboard has a custom alert that you can set up to see when a wireless client associates/disassociates from an AP. I would recommend looking at the Network-Wide > Clients section and filtering for the 4 specific devices that are having issues. You should be able to then see the even logs for those devices. 

Lastly a wireless packet capture from the AP as well as from another client devices using a wireless monitor capture would be idea to narrow the scope of your issue.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Capturing_Wireless_Traffic_from_a_Clien...

Cheers,

nwu1

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels