cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Wireless clients for monitoring.

Getting noticed

Tagging Wireless clients for monitoring.

I have 4 clients on my wireless that keep dropping off. I want to tag them so I get an alert when they drop off and compile data to help trouble shoot.

I see in the alerts section I can tag anything on the LAN but I don't think you can tag clients on the wireless LAN. 

Is there a way I can track clients on the wireless and get an alert when they drop from the network? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Building a reputation

Re: Tagging Wireless clients for monitoring.

From a little checking, It looks like you can alert on devices that connect to the wifi supplied by an MX or Z1 but not devices that connect to a MR. You should cross your fingers and "make a wish".

Here to help

Re: Tagging Wireless clients for monitoring.

Trunolimit,

It' doesn't look like Dashboard has a custom alert that you can set up to see when a wireless client associates/disassociates from an AP. I would recommend looking at the Network-Wide > Clients section and filtering for the 4 specific devices that are having issues. You should be able to then see the even logs for those devices. 

Lastly a wireless packet capture from the AP as well as from another client devices using a wireless monitor capture would be idea to narrow the scope of your issue.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Capturing_Wireless_Traffic_from_a_Clien...

Cheers,

nwu1

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.