TP-Link 300mbps Wi-Fi range extender query with Meraki AP's

phelimmc
Here to help

TP-Link 300mbps Wi-Fi range extender query with Meraki AP's

Hi,

Has anyone any experience using the TP-Link 300mbps Wi-Fi range extender with Meraki access points? are they compatible and if they are do they work? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer to your question, but I address this "problem" differently:

• If wireless is needed somewhere, use an ethernet cable to bring an AP to that location.
  • If there is no way to put an ethernet cable to the location, consider directional antennas.
  • If an AP or directional antennas are not possible, use the build in meshing technology of the APs and also  consider a dedicated bridge link
  • If all above is not possible, tell the customer that for sure range extenders / repeaters and so on can be used, but he has to agree to have bad wifi.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I tried this with a different vendor of access point and had constant drop outs, I ended up hardwiring in the end as it just wasn't reliable. 

Agus
Getting noticed

Hi,

I never use extender connect to meraki access point, i think its better to pulling new cable to the other access point, as i experience using extender it decrease performance if lot of device connect in the same time.

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels