Switch and AP's went down and lost connection to cloud while internet stayed up.

SOLVED
itmacroair
Conversationalist

Switch and AP's went down and lost connection to cloud while internet stayed up.

Hello,

I got emails all at the same time stating our switch and AP's went down and back up for 15 minutes to the cloud. The strange thing is no users reported issues and the internet and VOIP phones stayed online as well. I am unsure were to check to see if there was as issue with the main switch or an issue with my provider. 

Additionally, could this just be an issue with the cloud and nothing to do with the overall internet connectivity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@itmacroair 

Usually issues like this where there is no true connectivity issue, which this is what this sounds like, are caused by an issue on Meraki's cloud dashboard not being available for some reason so the devices "fail" to check in which triggers the alerts.

Everything still functions but you receive messages of things being down erroneously.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@itmacroair 

Usually issues like this where there is no true connectivity issue, which this is what this sounds like, are caused by an issue on Meraki's cloud dashboard not being available for some reason so the devices "fail" to check in which triggers the alerts.

Everything still functions but you receive messages of things being down erroneously.

Hello @vassallon,

So long story short it sounds like this is something out of my control then is that correct?

@itmacroair 

That is 100% the case, it was the method for devices to check in was down and nothing more.

You could open a support case to confirm, as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels