Survey mode : after power down AP , 5Ghz stops working and channel/power settings are gone

MarcelTempelman
Getting noticed

Survey mode : after power down AP , 5Ghz stops working and channel/power settings are gone

Hi,

I've noticed this strange behavior:

- AP is registered in the dashboard

- Is set to Survey Mode

- All settings are adjustable

- Power down the AP

- Power up : 5Ghz SSID is gone and also the channel and power settings.

I've seen this on MR33 and MR42E access points.

Only workaround is reset the AP, let it register to the dashboard and start over. Not always it loses it settings.

Currently using a MR33 with 27.5

1 REPLY 1
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This bug has been a bane in my existence for a very long time.
My own MR33 luckily does not behave this way but most MR52's and MRx6 models do show the same behavior.

Usually if you power the AP with a switch and set it up it works, then you power down the switchport and boot again, you're still good.  If you go onsite and use a PoE injector on a battery then gone are the settings and you need to reset the AP, reconnect it to the cloud and set it back into survey mode.

In the very least you should be able to set channel, channel width, txpower in survey mode manually without cloud connect.

The problem usually happens at the second reboot after you configured the device.  So if I have to do an APoAS I usually make sure the AP stays powered the entire day by plugging the battery in the main outlet when I take a break between walks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels