Survey Mode

Solved
Paul2469
Conversationalist

Survey Mode

I connect a new MR30H out of the box to my home router, this then allowed me to access the local AP and set to survey mode.  However, the power and channels will not change, if i change them, click save and refresh the page, they are still in default mode.  to make matters worse the AP is not broadcasting any 5Ghz SSID.  Please advise, do i need to connect to Meraki dashboard or ?

1 Accepted Solution
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Ya definitely let it connect to the cloud, make sure your running 25.13 code and then follow the guide mentioned above.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure if it matters but did you claim it into an organisation, assign it to a network and check-in at least once?

Ensure that the AP has come online and checked into the Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller at least once. It should currently be green in Dashboard.

Source: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Conducting_Site_Surveys_with_MR_A...

Hi

I connected the AP to my home router to give it internet access, but i did not have meraki cloud dashboard access at the time.  So i assume i need to try and get the AP back online and then i can sort out my issues.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Hi Paul,

Did you follow the guide and allow the AP to connect to the cloud initially?

The guide here has a few gotcha's linked to the connectivity on the AP check it out, if you still have no joy let us know

EDIT - Got beaten to the punch! This is what happens when you make coffee!

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Ya definitely let it connect to the cloud, make sure your running 25.13 code and then follow the guide mentioned above.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels